Indian head massage, also known as Champissage, is a seated treatment that focuses on massaging parts of the body that are most prone to tension and stress. These are:
- upper back
An Indian head massage incorporates specific massage strokes and pressure points. It is a deep but gentle massage, using a combination of highly effective techniques, including circular strokes on the scalp, deep tissue work on the shoulders, and stretching of the neck. Indian head massage treatments can have the following effects:
- increases blood flow to head, neck, shoulders and scalp
- increase the flow of lymph in the head, neck and shoulders
- relaxes muscles and nerve fibres in the head, neck and shoulders
- reduces spasm, blockages and knots in muscle fibres in the head, neck and shoulders
- decreases inflammation
- decreases stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system
- activates the parasympathetic nervous system
- relaxes and soothes tense eye muscles
What are the benefits of an Indian head massage?
A complementary therapy deriving from the Ayurvedic system of healing, Indian head massage Ayurved has been practised in India for thousands of years. This makes it one of the oldest healing systems worldwide. Here are some of the biggest potential benefits of booking an Indian head massage treatment in Chelmsford:
- Reducing stress and tension. Indian head massage reduces stress and tension by promoting relaxation. It allows a deep sense of mental wellbeing that can benefit all areas of your life.
- Relieving headaches and migraines. Often, tension in the mid-back, the neck and the head can lead to headaches and migraines. An Indian head massage treatment can focus on applying pressure to the back, arms and shoulders in order to reduce tension in the muscles. Massage in these areas encourages the circulation of cerebral fluid, reducing headache-causing blockages.
- Relieving insomnia. An Indian head massage can improve sleep quality, helping to relieve insomnia in many cases. This is because it promotes such deep relaxation, calming the mind and improving mental wellbeing.
- Stimulating lymphatic drainage. Indian head massage stimulates circulation, encouraging the drainage of the lymph. It can help to bring new nutrients and oxygen to the cells. When used for lymphatic drainage, Indian head massage can treat swelling and oedema after bruising, a fracture or surgical procedure.
- Enhancing hair growth. Indian head massage is thought to increase hair thickness by stretching the cells of the hair follicles. This stimulates these follicles to produce hair that’s thicker and healthier. Indian head massage may also help to dilate the blood vessels under the skin, encouraging hair growth further.
There are many possible benefits of getting regular Indian head massage treatments in Chelmsford. Why not talk to our team about how the treatment can improve your health and wellbeing? We’re on hand to provide you with expert advice and guidance, helping you to decide if this age-old massage treatment is right for you.