- The Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) 28/08/2018 - Ligaments are strong, thick bands of collagenous fibres that connect bone to bone. A Ligaments role is to support a joint and to keep the joint from moving the wrong way. The Medial collateral ligament (MCL) of the knee joint is otherwise also known as the tibial collateral ligament because of its attachment on tibial side. It is 1 of the 4 ligaments of the knee that connects the femur bone and tibia bone together forming one strong (medial) side of the knee joint. Proximally, the membranous band of tissue is attached to the medial side of the lower condyle Read More
- How does Nutrition affect your mood? 22/08/2018 - “Hungry man is an angry man”, it has been such a weighty catchy line that clearly shows the connection between nutrition and our mood. A growling tummy is always depressing and influences the state of well-being. No wonder why consuming nutritious food makes you feel happier and energised! - Overall it stables our mood. Eating nutritious food does not mean following strict diet plans or cutting off what we love to eat. It is about feeling great, energised and healthy. Food and Mood Food is actually the fuel for the body to function, so your mood depends the bodies Read More
- Best Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Specialist in the South East of England! 17/08/2018 - We are thrilled to announce that we were nominated and WON the award for ‘Best Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Specialist’ in the South East of England at the beginning of the year (2018). This award has been presented to us by the Private healthcare awards, which it’s aim is to highlight those who are exceeding within their field of practice. We are absolutely honoured and over the moon to receive this award as it shows that all of our hard work over the past six years of being an independent private Physiotherapy practice has paid off and that we are truly helping Read More
- Lower Back Pain – Exercises 16/08/2018 - Do you know what makes you stand and sit upright? It’s your backbones, I mean your spinal vertebral column which consists of 33 vertebrae! The lower back is formed by interconnected 5 lumbar vertebrae, muscles, ligaments and nerves that function together to hold us upright. It is highly mobile and complexly structured, with which it becomes more prone to injury. Lower back pain could be as bearable as a minor headache, withstanding routine work however, it can be as strong as a stabbing pain that will make you surrender and become temporarily disabled. - I should know, it has happened Read More
- Dealing with chronic muscle pain 30/06/2018 - We all struggle to live a totally pain-free life. We do whatever it takes to get rid of pain, but sometimes it becomes difficult in getting rid of it. It can last for days, weeks or even months, which is referred to as Chronic Pain. You will have the feeling that the pain just won’t go away, perhaps you’ll blame your age, I hear it all the time in clinic “I’m just getting old” and have to just deal with the fact I’m going to have to continue living with this pesky pain and rely on taking painkillers all the Read More
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.